Guided toursTour n. 1 - Castle, Monastery and Tuscany food.*
- The Castle and the “Pieve di Romena", testimonies of history and medieval art in the Casentino valley.
- The one thousand-years old "Eremo" and the Monastery of Camaldoli.
- Lunch time with typical Italian products.
Tour n. 2 – Arezzo: History, Arts and Folklore.*
- Guided tour around the historical centre and the main monuments of the city , included the places of the Oscar movie “Life is Beautiful”.
- Lunch time at the historical centre of Arezzo.
Tour n. 3 – The excellence of the “Made in Casentino”*
- “Arte della Lana” museum.
- The Casentino cloth.
- The Tuscan ceramic tradition.
*The tours will be activated if the minimum number of participants is reached.
The Taste of TuscanyWe are organizing hands-on cooking lessons and wine taste courses to help you to discover the true taste of Tuscany. An English speaking Italian chef will teach you how to prepare traditional food and original recipes enjoying the regional cuisine. Participate to this courses is definitely the best way to take home the real taste of Tuscany...
TrekkingMany routes will be proposed and a guide will be made available to help all the participants to comprehend dynamics that rule life in forests of the "Foreste Casentinesi Natural Park"
Trekking tour 1: The San Francesco forest and the Sanctuary of La Verna. You will take a walk around the Sanctuary of La Verna. During your walk you will especially:
- Pass through the monumental forest of beeches and firs tree that surrounds the monastery.
- Reach the top of the "Monte Penna".
- Visit the Sanctuary of La Verna.
Trekking tour 2: Il Monte Penna From the “Fangacci” mountain refuge up to the most beautiful panoramic terrace of the protected area. During your walk you will especially:
- Pass by the borders of the Biogenetic Reserve of Badia Prataglia.
- Climb the trail of crest 00 to the top of the "Monte Penna".
- Have the chance to see the golden eagle, who nests in the steep rocks below.
- Visit the millenary hermitage of Camaldoli.
Trekking tour 3: The "Lama" Forest The “Lama” Forest is probably the most charming place of the Foreste Casentinesi National Park. During your walk you will especially:
- Walk on an ancient mule track that leads to the “Pianoro incantato della Lama”.
- Pass through the “Scalandrini” trail, perhaps the most beautiful and famous one of the protected area.
- Have the chance to meet rare species of amphibians, as well as several traces of other animals inhabiting the forest.
Riding schoolThe "Club Ippico Casentinese" will organize various activities with the horses such as:
- Activities to approach and know the horse.
- Technical lessons with training in various riding techniques including jumping lessons.
- Cross-country lessons with horses in the outdoor cross-country course.
- Horse ride in the Tuscany countryside.
Golf Club CasentinoWith a unique panoramic position, the route nestled in this extraordinary "green heart of Tuscany" can be entirely followed by the Club House (house of the XIV century completely renovated) located at the top of wide terraces surrounded by groves of oak and chestnut trees. The 9 holes are all elements of interest and must be played with care; technique and precision are preferable to particular qualities of power. Characteristics of the golf course: Par 72 MT 5626 – 6152 YDS - CR 70,7 LADIES 73 SR 127 LADIES 132 Special offers will be available for the course participants and for any eventual guests.
For more information: www.golfclubcasentino.it
CyclingBike rental opportunities will be available on site for people interested in spending their free time cycling through the many roads and trails in the surrounding area of Poppi, recently crossed also by cyclists of the “Tour of Italy”.
Zoo Park of PoppiA 2 km walk to discover the most interesting species of European fauna.